Codes & Standards Exploitation (ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and American Petroleum Institute (API) Standards).
Acquire knowledge necessary to navigate the different code sections, to understand the particular philosophy and to identify the applicable parts of a given fabrication or construction and in addition defining accurately the applicable criteria.
By the end of this training, the trainees will be able to:
- Understand the Regulatory Process in the United States of America USA and Canada
- Understand the structure, the administrative Structure and the techniques of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- Know ASME and API standards and navigate in the code sections
- Compare key requirements for the manufacture, testing and testing of equipment constructed in accordance with ASME VIII and other Codes such as B31.1,3,4, 8.
- Identify the critical differences between some codes in terms of Manufacture, controls and tests.
- Verify compliance with the code sections
- Master the acceptability codes criteria exploitation
This course will specifically benefit Engineers, Supervisors, and Managers from the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Maintenance & Operations
- Technical & Engineering
and technical personnel with 2-3 years of experience in the management and planning of inspection and maintenance activities of pressure vessel system at upstream oil & gas facilities, refineries, process plants and petrochemical facilities.
Part 1: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- Chapter 1: Historic Organisation& General requirements
- Chapter 2: Codes and Standards for Piping ASME B31.1, B31.2, B31.3, B31.4, B31.8
- Chapter 2: ASME Section VIII DIV.1 Div.2 et Div.3
- Study and construction of Pressure Vessels (made of welded Steel)
- Chapter 3: ASME Section IX Qualification of Welders as part of the section: VIII DIV.
- Chapter 4: ASME Section IX Nondestructive Testing as part of the section: VIII DIV. 1 or 2
- American Petroleum Institute (API) Standards List and Definition
- Codes and Section
- Example Code Presentation / API Standards for Pipeline and Piping
- American Petroleum Institute (API) Certifications