ASME Plant Inspector – Level II
An intensive four day examined course covering advanced aspects of in-service inspection of pressure equipment and related plant in the oil/gas/petroleum/petrochemical industries. The course is suitable for candidates with an existing plant inspector qualification who wish to demonstrate a higher level of technical knowledge relating to plant inspection in these industries. The course content is heavily based around the requirement for technically accurate narrative descriptions of inspection findings. Some basic code calculations are required.
The ASME Course for plant inspection is designed for plant operators, plant engineers, material engineers, and plant inspectors who are tasked with ensuring the integrity and safety of process equipment such as pipelines, storage tanks, machinery, boilers and others. The course is suitable for various professionals such as:
- Plant inspectors involved in manufacturing processes
- Professionals working for inspection organizations
- Plant safety regulators
- Plant operators
- Insurance companies’ employees
- Equipment owners
The course can also be undertaken by people wishing to start a career that involves plant inspection, or other professionals wishing to move into plant inspection from another discipline of plant operations.
- Material properties in relation to design code practice including proof stress
- Design code reassessments including the use of reassessment calculations
- How to compile a Working Scheme of Examination (WSE) and the importance
of having one that is technically strong
- An overview of common damage mechanisms
- Remaining life and inspection frequencies including the creep-rupture lifetime
of high temperature components
- Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) principles including Non Destructive Examination
(NDE) techniques for NII
- NII justification and decision records
- Pressure equipment repairs including post-repair issues.